The Alliance has produced three pieces of work that have been used in lobbying.
Established during the Pandemic, the Visual Arts Alliance was formed out of exhaustion and direct support. A UK group of Sector Support organisations across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Wales came together to ensure that artists play a leading and pivotal role, and we protect our sector. The Alliance has produced three pieces of work that have been used in lobbying.
- The continuation of the Museums Galleries Exhibition Tax Relief.
- Specific investment for individual artists and independent art workers.
- Art Is Essential Campaign that brought the sector together to reveal our value online and create collective support.
Proposed Mission and Values
- Protect and promote the visual arts’ value and push fordedicated support for the artists, makers, creators, and freelancers who make art happen.
- Instigate systemic change within the sector addressing inequalities by dismantling institutional ingrained negative attitudes to class, race and sexuality.
- Continueour urgent shift to environmentally sustainable practices supporting our communities by sourcing skills, fabrication, and materials locally.
- Work towards a circular economy where artists, organisations and institutions are a significant and sustainable contributor to our commonwealth.
- Ensure an unwavering, long-term commitment to social and climate justice across all levels of the national ecology of artists, artist-led initiatives, small-to-medium organisations and institutions.
- Set standards / promote art world best practices around payment, commissioning, and valuing artists and their rights.
- Advocate for the importance and value of the visual arts and artists.
- Lobby for sustained public investment in the sector and artists.
- Develop and communicate policy ideas that are beneficial for the sector and artists.
Members (to date)
If you wish to join the Alliance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org